Sport Gisborne Tairāwhiti is proud to be managing Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa on behalf of Sport NZ in our region.
Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa provides funding for programmes or projects delivering play, active recreation and sport experiences for tamariki and rangatahi. These may be new or already operating.
We know from research that there are some groups who are more at risk of missing out or being less active, including those living with a disability, in higher deprivation communities and girls and young women. Programmes or projects that reach these groups will be prioritised for funding.
What can be funded?
This is an activation fund to help cover programme or service delivery costs. This includes costs of:
- Programme or project delivery (e.g. venue or equipment hire, transport to event)
- Equipment (as part of a programme or project)
- Officials, where these are required for the delivery
- Delivery staff wages (e.g. activity leader, coordinator)
Please note that your application must be for a programme or project for up to 12 months (i.e. you cannot apply for costs past a 12-month delivery period).
Who can apply?
Groups and organisations with legal status can apply.
Examples of who can apply:
- Hapū, Iwi, Marae, Māori organisations
- Primary/Intermediate schools/Kura
- Secondary schools/Wharekura
- Tertiary Education/Whare Wānanga
- Charitable Trusts
- Regional or Local Councils
- Incorporated Societies
- For-profit businesses/commercial organisations and social enterprises
If you want to apply but do not have legal status, we recommend you consider partnering with a qualifying (legal) entity.
Examples of who cannot apply:
- National organisations who already receive partnership Investment from Sport NZ
- Government agencies and their regional branches (e.g. Ministry of Health, Oranga Tamariki)
- Early Learning Services
- Professional or semi-professional sports teams and organisations
How much can I apply for?
Sport NZ have committed investment of $284K per year into our region between 2020 – 2024.
Our team will administer multiple rounds of funding per year. The amount to distribute per round is approximately $95K.
How can I apply?
If you have any questions, please email us or call (06)8689943
Round Three: Opens March/April — Closes 31 May | Panel decisions mid-June
For a full list of successful applicants, declined applications and Panel members, click on the links below.
Please read the documents below to understand everything you need to know before applying: