A fun and healthier take on regular fries, and an easy way to get some vegetables in! Have them on their own as a snack or alongside homemade burgers or pizzas.
1 x egg beaten
~1/2 cup breadcrumbs
small handful of grated cheese (Parmesan is best if you have it)
1. Preheat the oven to 200deg
2. Cut zucchini into small rectangular sized chips
3. On a plate mix breadcrumbs and grated cheese
4. Dip the zucchini fries into egg and then cover with breadcrumb and cheese mixture
5. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper
6. Before baking drizzle a little olive oil over top of the fries
7. Bake at 200deg for ~15 – 20minutes. Poke a fork into one and if the zucchini feels soft, but still a little firm they are ready to eat!
Optional dipping sauce: ¼ cup plain yoghurt, 2Tbsp chopped mint, juice of one lem