A delicious savoury mince that freezes well for quick and easy meals any night of the week!
Recipe adapted from here.
What you’ll need:
– 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
– 250g beef mince
– 1 small carrot, grated
– Vegetables (e.g. 1 stalk of celery, or 1 small courgette, or 3-4 florets of broccoli, or generous handful of leafy greens, or 1 cup of frozen vegetables)
– 1/2 tin on tomatoes, crushed
– 1/2 cup beef stock
– 2 Tbsp tomato paste
1. Add oil to a pan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until softened.
2. Add mince to the pan and break up into fine pieces. Cook until mince is browned.
3. Add tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock, and any vegetables that you are using.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning. Allow enough liquid to evaporate to leave a thick mixture.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Cook a batch of savoury mince, then freeze in batches. Pull out of the freezer for an easy weeknight dinner.