A quick and easy salad recipe that you can adapt to whatever you have available in your fridge/pantry!
Serves 4 adults.
What you’ll need:
– 2 packed cups leafy greens (e.g. lettuce, spinach, kale, mesclun, finely sliced cabbage)
– 1 cup grated/chopped vege (e.g. carrot, beetroot, broccoli, cucumber)
– 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil (optional)
– 2 cups roasted vege (e.g. potato, pumpkin, parsnip, cauliflower, kumara). Add any herbs/spices you like before roasting.
– Salad dressing (check out our recipe) or use your family-favourite.
– Toppings (e.g. chopped herbs, toasted nuts and seeds, finely chopped red onion and/or tomato)
1. Add leafy greens and grated vege to a serving dish. Add olive oil and toss to coat (optional).
2. Add roasted vege on top.
3. Sprinkle over your chosen toppings.
4. Drizzle over our homemade salad dressing, or any other salad dressing you like!
5. Serve and enjoy!
This is a great way to use up leftover roast vege, or to use up older vege in your fridge/pantry.
For extra crunch, add a tin of drained chickpeas to your vege before roasting.
Recipe created by Kelly,
Active Health Nutritionist
Sport Gisborne Tairāwhiti