If you prefer a cold breakfast cereal, you can mix all ingredients (minus the natural yoghurt, nuts or seeds) together in a bowl and leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning simply top with yoghurt, nuts and seeds and enjoy.
- ~⅓ – ½ cup plain rolled oats
- 1 cup of trim milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2Tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
- Handful of frozen berries
- Plain natural yoghurt
- Handful of any nuts or seeds
- Add the oats, milk, cinnamon, and coconut if using to a pot.
- Cook slowly over a medium heat
- Once almost cooked, add frozen berries to defrost and give the porridge some colour. Igf you don’t have frozen berries then add tinned or fresh fruit on top once the porridge has cooked.
- Once the oats are cooked, top with a dollop of plain natural yoghurt if you are after an extra calcium and protein kick, and a sprinkling of nuts and seeds.