1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup whole wheat orzo
1 small zucchini, julienned
1 carrot, julienned
2 cups broth
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup baby spinach, torn
1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in orzo, zucchini, pepper and carrot, cook for another 2 — 3 minutes.
- Pour in broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer. Stir occasionally, cooking until pasta is al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and tomatoes. Continue to cook until spinach wilts and tomatoes are warm. Season to taste and serve.