A quick, zesty salad dressing recipe using staple pantry ingredients.
Keeps well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
What you’ll need:
– 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
– 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
– 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
– 1 clove of garlic (crushed or finely chopped)
– 1 tsp sugar (or honey)
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/3 cup oil (olive, grapeseed, vegetable)
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Add all ingredients into a bowl, or a large jar with a lid.
2. Mix (or close tightly and shake if using a jar) until well combined.
3. Serve and enjoy!
If the dressing is a little zesty for your liking, add a little more yoghurt and sugar to balance it out.
You can switch the sugar (or honey) for your favourite sweetener or substitute.
Try roasting the garlic for a delicious, ‘toasty’ taste.
To roast garlic:
1. Slice one end of the garlic clove(s) off.
2. Wrap in tinfoil and roast for 15-20mins, until soft.
3. Squeeze garlic from its skin, it should pop out of the end that you sliced.
Recipe created by Kelly,
Active Health Nutritionist
Sport Gisborne Tairāwhiti