Wholegrain rolled oats
For gluten free replace oats with rice puffs and quinoa puffs
Almonds (roughly chopped)
Brazil nuts (roughly chopped in halves)
3-4Tbsp oil (olive oil is preferable)
Dried apricot (buy them already diced to save time)
Coconut flakes/ shredded coconut
- Mix dry ingredients in a big bowl. It really doesn’t matter how much of each ingredient you put in but If I was to estimate I probably use approx 2-3 cups of oats and 1/2 cup of each of the nuts and seeds. Don’t add dried fruit or coconut yet.
- Melt honey in a microwave or on a stove top and mix with oil. Pour onto the muesli mix and massage it in with your hands
- Spread the muesli on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for around 10min on 180deg until toasted. Check part way through and give the muesli a mix around.
- Once out of the oven add dried apricot bits (if you add them at the start they go hard) and coconut flakes and mix.
- Leave it to cool then store in a jar or Tupperware container
Serve with yoghurt and berries.
PS: try to source your ingredients from a local bulk store and as its much cheaper