- 500g lean mince
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 slices bread, grated in to fine crumbs (or use ¼ cup rolled oats)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- hamburger buns or bread rolls
- Combine mince, onion, bread crumbs, tomato sauce and beaten egg. Shape into 4-5 patties. These can be frozen for later use, or cook immediately.
- Heat a frying pan over medium- high heat. Spray with oil, then cook patties till completely cooked through the middle, flipping once.
- Serve on burger buns or bread rolls with a variety of fillings:
- Sliced tomato
- Grated carrot
- Sliced beetroot
- Capsicum rings
- Red onions
Challenge the whanau to create the tastiest burger!
Serve with homemade potato or kumara wedges or oven fries.
So much cheaper and tastier than anything you’ll find from a takeaway shop!