- 15 ounce (400 grams) can black eyed peas/beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce (400 grams) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce (400 grams) can sweet corn rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper (capsicum), finely diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper (capsicum), finely diced
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, , halved (or cherry tomatoes or 2 Roma tomatoes)
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- ⅓ cup Cilantro (or parsley), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, (freshly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes, adjust to your preference of spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together to combine. Set aside.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a smaller bowl, until well combined.
- Pour dressing over salad, stir through, and serve with chips or veggie sticks.