- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup apple juice
- 1 apple grated
- ½ cup low fat unsweetened or fruit flavoured yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- ¼ cup chopped dried fruit e.g. apricots, prunes, sultanas
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place oats and juice in a bowl. Allow to soak for two hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Stir in grated apple, yogurt, nuts and dried fruit. Stir well.
- Place in serving bowls, add milk and a drizzle of honey, if desired.
Options: use any fresh, frozen, or tinned fruit for different flavor combinations.
This keeps well in the fridge and is delicious for breakfast or an afternoon snack.