Easy-peasy two-ingredient FLATBREADS
No yeast? No problem! These awesome creations are so easy to make and only require two main
ingredients – flour and yoghurt!
1 cup natural yoghurt
2 1/2 cups self-raising flour*
- Mix yoghurt and salt in a bowl until it becomes smooth
- Slowly add flour and mix well until the mixture forms a stiff dough (you may need to get your
hands into it)
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until soft and slightly sticky
- Roll into a ball and leave to rest in a lightly oiled bowl for 30 minutes to rise
- Break the dough into 6 even balls, and on a floured surface roll each out to a thin, circular
flatbread with a rolling pin, jar, or anything with a round surface.
- Brush each side with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt
- Heat a frypan on medium to high heat and once hot fry the flatbread for 30-40 seconds on each
side until it’s golden and puffs up
- Fill them with leftover cold meat and a colourful salad or slaw, or as a base for homemade pizzas, or
as a burrito. Delicious!
*if using plain flour add 2 ½ tsp baking powder