The sprint run is a locomotor skill characterised by a brief period where both feet are simultaneously off the ground (called the flight phase).
The ability to perform a sprint run is fundamental to many games, sports and everyday activities.
- Lift your knees high.
- Bring your heal close to your bottom.
- Look ahead.
- Make you feet follow an imaginary straight line.
- Don’t let your heels touch the ground.
- Land on the balls of your feet.
- Bend your elbows and swing your arms.
- Run tall. Shoulders back and chin up.