The kick is a manipulative striking skill charactised by producing force from the foot to an object.
The stationary place kick is the focus of this skill and involves kicking an object which is still.
- Keep your eyes on the ball.
- Start to the side of the ball, not behind.
- Step forward, place your non-kicking foot beside the ball.
- Swing kicking leg forward and kick ball with your instep or top of foot.
- Swing the arm opposite to your kicking leg forwards and sideways as you kick.
- Follow through.